Below you will find a list of publications, written or co-authored in collaboration with members of the SyGMA lab. The publications listed here have a specific emphasis on new data processing, modelling and model validation applications for advanced grid monitoring, electricity storage and automatic control of electric power system. A full list of publications co-authored by the director of the SyGMA lab can also be found on Prof. de Callafon's website.
Most of the papers can be viewed in PDF format by clicking on the title of the publication. In order to download, read and print PDF files you will need a (Adobe) PDF reader. In case you cannot find a link to a paper, please contact Raymond de Callafon and a publication can be (e)mailed to you. The list of publications has been last updated on March 4th, 2016.
- Zhao, X. and de Callafon, R.A., Data-based Modeling of a Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery as an Energy Storage and Delivery System, Proc. American Control Conference, pp. 1908-1913, Washington, DC, USA (2013)
- Miller, D.N., Hulett, J., McLaughlin, J. and de Callafon, R.A., Thermal Dynamical Identification of Light-Emitting Diodes by Step-Based Realization and Convex Optimization, IEEE Transactions On Components, Packaging, And Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 997-1007 (2013)
- Fang, H., Zhao, X., Wang, Y., Sahinoglu, Z., Wada, T., Hara, S. and de Callafon, R.A., State-of-Charge Estimation for Batteries: A Multi-model Approach, Proc. American Control Conference, pp. 2779-2785, Portland, OR, USA (2014)
- Fang, H., Zhao, X., Wang, Y., Sahinoglu, Z., Wada, T., Hara, S. and de Callafon, R.A., Improved adaptive state-of-charge estimation for batteries using a multi-model approach, Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 254, pp. 258-267 (2014)
- Holcomb, C.M., de Callafon, R.A., Bitmead, R.E., Closed Loop Nonlinear System Identification Applied to Gas Turbine Analytics, Proc. ASME Turbo Expo: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition, Vol. 6, Paper No. GT2014-26059, pp. V006T06A013, 10 pages, DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany, (2014)
- de Callafon, R.A. and Wells, C.H., Distributed Real-Time Electric Power Grid Event Detection and Dynamic Characterization, Proc. CIGRE US National Committee 2014 Grid of the Future Symposium, (2014)
- Holcomb, C.M., de Callafon, R.A., Bitmead, R.E., Closed-Loop Identification of Hammerstein Systems with Application to Gas Turbines, Preprints of the 19th World Congress of The International Federation of Automatic Control, pp. 493-498, Cape Town, South Africa, (2014)
- Zhao, X., de Callafon, R.A. and Shrinkle, L., Current Scheduling for Parallel Buck Regulated Battery Modules, Preprints of the 19th World Congress of The International Federation of Automatic Control, pp. 2112-2117, Cape Town, South Africa, (2014)
- de Callafon, R.A. and Wells, C.H., Real Time Phasor Data Processing using Complex Number Analysis Methods, Proc. CIGRE US National Committee 2015 Grid of the Future Symposium, (2015)
- Holcomb, C.M. and de Callafon, R.A., Subspace Identification for Disturbance Rejection Control Design in Gas Turbines, Proc. European Control Conference, pp. 842-847, Linz, Austria, (2015).
- Habib, A., Zamani, V., Kleissl, J. and de Callafon, R.A., Sizing Of Photovoltaic Reverse Osmosis For Solar Desalination Based On Historical Data In Coastal California, Proc. International Desalination Association World Congress, IDA (2015).
- Zhao, X., van de Van, M.L.J., Torre, W. and de Callafon, R.A., Real-time Demodulation of Real Power Oscillations, Proc. IFAC Symposium on System Identification (SYSID), Vol. 4, pp. 63-68 (2015).